Senior Actuary - Reporting & Analysis
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. We’d therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity.
We’re transforming! And we’re looking for a qualified Actuary to drive large projects across our Actuarial Reporting change agenda.
You will assist with the delivery and analysis of the Group’s actuarial reporting requirements (Solvency II, IFRS, EV, risk-based capital metrics and reinsurance reporting) and lead the development and enhancement of these actuarial reporting metrics.
The role is offered on a fixed term contract basis to the end of 2022 and gives a great opportunity to drive substantial transformation and deliver Just’s strategic goals from an Actuarial and Finance perspective.
- Develop and improve the reporting processes used for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes, and manage the delivery of these improvements
- Represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and change programme initiatives
- Provide support for business as usual activities where required. In particular:
- Produce the actuarial information required to support the Group’s internal and external reporting of Solvency II, IFRS, Economic Capital and Embedded Value, as well as the information required for planning & analysis of these metrics
- Deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
- Develop and maintain the Group-wide methodology to be deployed in actuarial systems
- Support the Group Actuarial Executive, CFO and Director of Actuarial to set the bases required for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes
- Ensure timely testing of the tools developed by the Actuarial Systems team for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes
- Support the development of responses to requests from UK regulators and other third parties
- Operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)
- Are a qualified FIA, FFA or equivalent
- Have experience and knowledge within a life insurer
- Have a proven track record in decision-making, being able to assess the materiality of issues and determine appropriate courses of action
- Have leadership and influencing skills, with past experience of driving change/transformation and an ability to lead highly skilled individuals
- Previous experience within Actuarial Reporting, ideally within annuities and LTM’s
- Are able to manage defined projects with a variety of stakeholders
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus an additional day on us for your birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- Free access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.