Graduate Actuarial Analyst (DB)
4 days left
- Full Time
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
At Just, we are recruiting for our future and we currently have two exciting opportunities to join our Defined Benefits team as Graduate Actuarial Analysts on a permanent basis from either our Reigate or London offices.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake pricing and actuarial input required to support delivery of the Defined Benefit (DB) Business Plan. This will include all aspects of BAU delivery and other ad hoc requirements.
If you’re a recent graduate or early into your Actuarial career and looking to specialise in or gain further exposure across an exciting and energetic business then we’d love to hear from you.
The role requires great initiative and you will be expected to take the lead in supporting DB Pricing team members. You will also need to show an element of commercial acumen with an ability to communicate and build relationships across the business.
We are also able to provide full study support to the individuals within these role to become a qualified Actuary along with great exposure across a business with ambitions as large as your own.
Day to day as a Graduate Actuarial Analyst
- Support senior DB pricing team members in accurate and timely delivery of new business quotations.
- Populate and run pricing models to calculate premiums, including manipulation of data, assumption setting and calculation of all associated pricing metrics in line with the agreed pricing basis and governance processes in place.
- Produce initial drafts of internal sign off documentation required for each quotation.
- Produce initial drafts of quotation documents to be issued externally.
- For quotes that are outsourced, work with the DB Senior Actuarial Analyst and DB Actuary to transition schemes to outsourcer and produce final deliverables for the quotation.
- Carry out all necessary BAU work for in force business.
- Support senior DB pricing team members in accurate and timely delivery of data true ups.
- Complete individual member calculations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop sound knowledge of all systems and tools used in DB pricing.
- Provide support in ad hoc tasks such as data analysis, proposition developments, systems testing and process improvements.
- Proactively work to promote a culture of collaboration and engagement within the DB Pricing team.
Skills we are looking for
- A first class or upper second class degree in a quantitative subject or equivalent professional experience.
- Progress towards IFoA qualification would be preferred but not essential.
- Excellent commercial acumen and technical skillset.
- Understanding of actuarial principles and techniques.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus an additional day on us for your birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- Free access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.