Forensic Accountant sought for our prestigious Client based in Central London. This is an exciting time for our client, who are looking to expand and redevelop their Accountancy Department as part of a major recruitment drive.
The role will require the Forensic Accountant to investigate and prosecute the most serious cases of accountancy / actuarial misconduct and breaches of relevant requirements for statutory audit in relation to matters that are in the public interest.
The Forensic Accountant will join a pro-active team and will play a key role in Conducting forensic investigations into potential misconduct or breaches of relevant requirements on the part of individual accountants, actuaries or accountancy firms.
Responsibilities of the Forensic Accountant:
- Manage investigations on behalf of Executive Counsel.
- Work without supervision as the most senior financial investigator on individual investigations into misconduct/ breaches of relevant requirements by fellow professional accountants, audit firms or actuaries.
- Support Senior Forensic Accountants on the largest and most complex investigations.
- Responsible for determining the avenues of enquiry; using expertise to identify sources of evidence and request provision of documentation and information.
- Responsible for the allocation of case team resources; and the quality of work product from more junior members of the case team.
- Responsible for undertaking personally significant or complex areas of an investigation.
- Responsible for identifying and working with internal experts to clarify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards, and ensuring the case team has a thorough understanding of technical issues.
- Use expert forensic skills to determine the approach to the review and analysis of all material obtained including experience in the use of electronic search platforms
Qualities of the Forensic Accountant:
- Qualified accountant with significant depth and breadth of experience and expertise in forensic investigation.
- Expertise in managing complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of a regulatory disciplinary process.
- Understanding of audit.
- Experience of and skill in staff supervision and development.
- High degree of skill in being able to assimilate large volumes of complex material.
- Proven ability to identify and focus on key issues.
- Proven ability in being able to recognise valuable lines of enquiry.
- Skilled in being able to plan and manage complex cases.
- Skilled in being able to obtain information through interview.
- Expert in being able to marshal unfamiliar complex concepts and convey in an easily understandable written format.
- Communication skills - being able to explain financial concepts to non-finance professionals.
If you are interested in the role please apply with your CV below or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.
Apply for Forensic Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly