Consulting Actuary - Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
Our services are designed to support trustees and employers by delivering pragmatic advice, which brings clarity to complex issues such as investing assets, de-risking, longevity, risk management and the impact of legislative changes.
We undertake a range of services for clients including full-service actuarial consulting, investment consultancy and standalone projects such as mergers and acquisitions. Barnet Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people.
If you are a nearly qualified or newly qualified actuary and are looking to join a growing team in Amersham, then we'd love to hear from you.
- We are seeking individuals looking to progress in a consultancy career - to develop client and team management skills as well as technical pensions and actuarial knowledge.
- Would you like to join an independent partner-led organisation where you have flexibility in your career route?
- Are you driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintain strong relationships both with clients, and with team members?
- Is your time management exemplary? Are you motivated to identify opportunities to implement efficiencies and support change?
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t just mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression as well
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success. An essential part of this is developing teams who give and welcome different opinions, perspectives and cultural reference; bringing a real richness in our day to day activities, which will achieve better business results, for both ourselves and for our clients. It will also enable us to access a wider talent pool without any boundaries or bias.
We define diversity and inclusion in the following ways:
Respecting differences - we recognise, respect and value individual differences, which may include gender, background, education, religion, ethnicity or perspective. It is the individual that matters and the skills they bring to our organisation.
Inclusion is about embracing these differences for the future of the company. We have created an environment where all our people feel valued and respected, where people give their best. No member of staff should feel excluded from any activity because of their own background.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
Our environment - We have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities.