Pricing Actuary | Health Insurance
About the Role:
Are you interested in working for one of the world's leading reinsurers? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our UK & Ireland pricing team.
About the Team:
The London-based Life & Health pricing team delivers reinsurance pricing across a wide range of products in the UK & Ireland insurance markets. We work cross functionally with colleagues in client management, underwriting, claims and reporting teams. Our team is diverse but with a strong sense of community. Our work is demanding, but we aim for a good pinch of fun too. We are committed, curious and supportive of one another.
About the Role:
As a Pricing Actuary, you will apply your technical actuarial and modelling skills across a wide variety of activities outlined below. You will have the opportunity for out of the box thinking, working on solutions to a broad range of challenges. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in our pricing and client management teams and with subject matter experts throughout the Group, both locally and within EMEA, and indeed globally. This is a client facing role: you will work closely with clients to understand their needs and deliver optimal solutions for them and for us. You will also be encouraged to contribute to our wider market presence, including presenting at external events.
If you are looking for a challenging role, where you can apply - and continue to develop - your curiosity, problem-solving capabilities and commercial skills, this is for you.
• Develop and maintain actuarial relationships with our clients' pricing teams
• Develop and maintain pricing bases for UK & Ireland protection products
• Price reinsurance terms for UK and Ireland insurers for new and established products
• Work collaboratively with clients on pricing and product development issues
• Monitor the performance of our reinsurance portfolio in conjunction with our reporting and experience studies teams
• Qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FSA or equivalent)
• Appetite for a multi-dimensional role that is both highly technical and client facing
• Excellent understanding of Life & Health (re)insurance markets, products and trends
• Excellent knowledge of relevant statistical and actuarial models
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Reinsurance or primary insurance pricing experience
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Accuracy and commitment to quality
• Excellent collaboration and team working, sociable 'can-do' attitude
• Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively
• Self-motivated, ability to work under pressure when needed
Apply for Pricing Actuary | Health Insurance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly