5 days left
- Full Time
Reinsurance Actuary Reinsurance Team
Key activities include
- Executing the actuarial aspects of the contractual regular data cleansing processes.
- In conjunction with the RL Reinsurance Operations team, overseeing the accurate installation of data for new reinsurance trades at our Third Party Administrators.
- Responding to technical queries from other internal departments, external Third Party Administrators and reinsurers.
- Updating Rothesay Life’s existing reinsurance trade bookings where necessary. Documentation and analysis of resultant PnL and other reporting requirements.
- Development and maintenance of reinsurance information dashboards for internal and external use.
- Regular monitoring of reinsurance collateral exposures, and future projections of collateral calls to aid with Rothesay Life’s liquidity planning.
- Maintaining and developing Rothesay Life’s strong relationships with reinsurers, by producing accurate work in a professional manner.
- Driving process improvements across all aspects of reinsurance.
Skills & Experience
- Partially qualified actuary (making good progress through the earlier technical subjects).
- Possess a degree from a leading university in a relevant subject and/or have some relevant industry qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will need to be able to confidently express their own viewpoint and to communicate clearly and succinctly financial results and complex actuarial issues to actuaries and non-actuaries
- Ability to make decisions, make things happen and overcome obstacles based upon well-developed analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to progress multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and working to strict deadlines.
- Ability to be able to analyse complex problems and summarise key operational controls required to risk mange the function
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stay focused on the operational risks
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel Skills (Macro/VBA experience preferable but not necessary)
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations