This job is no longer available
Qualified (or very nearly qualified) actuary is sought to be part of a fast paced and interesting team dealing with the Internal Model for the calculation of the Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR).
You will be expected to manage 3-5 actuarial students.
Main duties will include the following:
• Leading a team of actuarial students valuing liabilities using MoSes, including setting up stressed liability runs
• Calculations required for regular “dry-run” reporting (quarterly through 2013), plus ad-hoc exercises to calculate the impact of developing regulatory requirements and uncertainty.
• Thorough review of MoSes output.
• Processing output to present it in a format suitable for use
• Development of the process for data flowing through the interface between systems.
• Supervise production of documentation, covering user guides, processes and controls.
• Propose process improvements to reduce cost and improve controls.
• Supervise testing of new releases of software, raising issues and working with third parties to provide resolution.
• Escalate risks and issues in a timely manner and assist with implementation of solutions where appropriate.
• Assist and support other areas of the Solvency II project when necessary.
• Support the team by sharing knowledge.
• Actively participate in team meetings and workshops attended.
• Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or very nearly qualified), or equivalent.
• A good understanding of UK life insurance.
• Ability to multi-task and switch priorities to suit changing business needs.
• Experience of working in a valuation/reporting environment preferred, ideally using MoSes
For details contact Catherine Clark on 0207 220 4774 or firstname.lastname@example.org, please quote the reference 22163780CHC