Actuarial Senior Manager, Life Advisory | Bermuda | Market Rate
SENIOR MANAGER – ACTUARIAL – ADVISORY – LIFE INSURANCE – BIG FOUR – EXPAT PACKAGE – ONLY 6% TAX
About this opportunity
Our client, a leading consulting firm, is looking for a highly-motivated Life Insurance actuary with experience in consulting to lead the development of advisory actuarial service offerings in Bermuda.
This exciting role is a result of the continued growth in the Life insurance/reinsurance industry across the region and will involve working closely with other teams in the UK, Europe and US to deliver cross-border engagements.
The successful candidate will lead client engagement teams in the Life area, work directly with clients, and mentor and develop team members, whilst having the chance to build your personal brand as a leader in the field. Precise responsibilities are as follow:
- Lead large scale client engagements. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organisation
- Generate new business opportunities. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across practices to serve client needs
- Demonstrate deep actuarial technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge. Possess in depth business acumen. Remain current on new regulations concerning the Insurance industry
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex actuarial concepts, discuss complex issues with the engagement team and client management, keep informed of professional standards and firm policies (e.g. Actuarial Standards of Practice), and effectively apply this knowledge to client situations
- Maintain a reputation as an industry expert by writing articles, taking a leadership role within industry groups and speaking at industry events
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in an actuarial-oriented position, with 3 years of increased management responsibility; must have recent experience in the Life insurance/reinsurance industry
- Fellowship in the Institute of Actuaries, Society of Actuaries, or other internationally recognised professional actuarial association
- Regulatory experience, either through working for the regulator or liaising with the regulator for company approvals/applications
- Experience in financial services and US GAAP is essential to be successful in this role
- Technical and practical understanding of Solvency II and the European regulatory regime; an understanding of the Bermuda equivalent regulatory regime would be highly valued but is not required
- Knowledge of both accounting and economic balance sheet frameworks
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related software
- Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and client-service skills
- Ideally, you’ll also have prior consulting experience with strong business development, sales and account management skills
Twenty one miles in length, Bermuda is a beautiful group of Islands located 600 miles east off the coast of North Carolina, USA. It has a year-round population of 65,000 (over a quarter of whom are expatriates) and this increases significantly during the long, hot summer tourist season when up to half a million visitors arrive. The Island time zone is four hours behind the UK, one hour ahead of East Coast Time. The climate in Bermuda is generally sub-tropical and frost-free, thanks to the Gulf Stream. The local currency is the Bermuda dollar, which is fixed at parity with the US dollar. Both are freely useable on the Island. There is a 6% payroll deduction and no income tax.
Visit the Hamilton Recruitment website to find out more about Bermuda, living and working offshore, and actuarial work on the Islands: http://www.hamilton-recruitment.com/faqs
About Hamilton Recruitment
Hamilton Recruitment specialises in offshore Legal recruitment for destinations such as Bermuda and the Channel Islands, as well as Caribbean jurisdictions like the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.
Please contact Clare Bishop on clare.bishop @hamilton-recruitment.com or +44 (0)207 873 2243 concerning this opportunity or for more information about living and working offshore.
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.