Professional Oversight Team
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Professional Oversight Team is part of the Audit and Actuarial Division, which includes the FRC’s monitoring and oversight. We are responsible for a number of statutory and non-statutory functions for oversight of the regulation of auditors, accountants and actuaries, in particular exercising independent oversight over the supervisory and qualifying bodies recognised to regulate auditors.
The role involves:
- assisting with the scoping, planning and execution of our annual regulatory oversight activities over primarily the actuarial professional body but also the accountancy bodies
- once approved, managing the execution of specific aspects of our oversight plan
- carrying out research and analysis relating to the regulation of actuaries, auditors and accountants
- drafting reports and papers for review for the Conduct Committee which oversees this work within the FRC as well as the Board
A professional qualification (actuarial, regulatory, chartered secretarial or accountancy) or equivalent experience is required. Experience of working in the area of financial services regulation is desirable. The ideal candidates will have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Excellent organisational skills and project management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
If you are interested, please apply by emailing a copy of your CV together with a covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at email@example.com. In the covering letter, please:
- set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 20 October 2017.
The FRC is an Equal Opportunities employer