Senior Risk Analyst – Validation and Challenge
Core to QBE EO’s Enterprise Risk Management objectives is strong validation of the capital model and adding value to the business through risk challenge. This new role is for an actuary to join a recently established team, working closely with a range of stakeholders from across the business from capital modelling to business planning to finance. The role would suit someone keen to apply their skills to validating the capital model and adding value through quantitative risk management.
- Provide technical review and challenge of the capital model in line with QBE European Operation’s annual responsibilities to the PRA and Lloyd’s.
- Further develop and embed validation as an in-house operation at QBE with a focus on adding value via challenge.
- Use validation as a platform to support the business to make better business decisions through improved use of the capital model, and improve the awareness and understanding of risk.
- Develop and perform risk analytics to give additional insight into business risks.
- Perform targeted risk reviews, covering specific risks, embedded risk functions and strategic projects.
- Provide strategic risk challenge to embedded first line risk functions.
- Undertake risk challenge projects across a range of disciplines, including capital, reserving and pricing.
- Qualified actuary with experience in general insurance.
- Experience of independent challenge e.g. independent model validation, role at a regulator.
- Good understanding of risks faced by an insurance company and the role of capital.
- Good grounding in capital modelling concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with a range of stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to challenge the “norm” and have a view of future progress that we can make as a business.
- Understanding of capital modelling techniques, range of methods used in the industry and experience with a capital modelling platform (Igloo, Remetrica, Tyche) preferable.