Actuary – Pensions
Would you like the opportunity to broaden your experience within an in-house pension team? We currently have a vacancy for an Actuary at our site in Farnborough.
As an Actuary, you will sit within the Corporate Pensions team, reporting in the Head of Corporate Pensions. This is a specialist Actuarial role looking at the financial and risk management of the pension schemes.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain varied experience and broaden your knowledge of all facets of pension fund management.
Your main responsibilities as an Actuary – Pensions will involve:
- Responsibility for valuation work, including internal advice on assumptions setting and developing recovery plans
- Co-ordinating pensions accounting and supporting the internal business planning processes
- Supporting day-to-day activities and preparing for Trustee meetings, delivering Trustee training and communication materials
- Developing and delivering management information in relation to pension funding, accounting and risk management
- Inputting, managing and monitoring risk management solutions e.g. longevity hedges
- M&A work and internal restructurings, including advice on deal structures, negotiating agreements, post-completion work
- Advising on scheme design issues, both non-executive and executive arrangements
- Aiding on company policy making on pensions issues and response to legislative issues
- Supporting de-risking projects and activities including ALM, longevity hedging, member incentive exercises
- Supporting development and implementation of the overall pension strategy
- Working and liaising with external advisers, both Trustee and Corporate (actuaries, lawyers, investment consultants) and monitoring budgets and spend
Your skills and qualifications:
- FIA qualified
- Experience of working in the pensions industry
- Actuarial skills required and day to day work will include review of complex calculations and problem solving
- Investment experience would be beneficial
- Longevity swaps experience would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
You would need to be highly numerical with good attention to detail. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build a rapport with your stakeholders.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Employee Referral Scheme bonus = £500
BAE Systems Head Office is in Central London, with a number of support functions and functional specialists based in Farnborough, Hampshire. Head Office is home to a wide range of vital departments, from Strategy and Legal, to HR and Procurement. It is an exciting environment, where people at all levels in the business exchange ideas and develop new projects.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
Join us and you’ll be at the heart of BAE Systems corporate management. The sheer technical, commercial and cultural diversity of our worldwide business will give you enough challenge and variety to last a career. Throughout it all, we're committed to help you pursue your own ambitions and fulfil your interests within the business.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People