A specialist GI Insurer based in Liverpool requires a Pricing Analyst for its expanding Pricing & Data Analysis Team. This role will be pivotal in providing the insight required for pricing changes and analysis.
The role requires performing detailed reviews of pricing structures, competitive positioning and segmental profitability using techniques such as Generalised Linear Modelling (GLM). There will also be the opportunity to take part in a broad range of pricing/underwriting projects.
Key Responsibilities for the Pricing Analyst:
- Support the development and implementation of pricing strategies that increase value through risk analysis and price optimisation
- Provide the support required to build and maintain robust pricing models to facilitate the delivery of high quality pricing analyses
- Undertake competitor analysis, allowing for past market trends and modelling future scenarios
- Delivering analysis and output on a timely basis to meet deadlines and ensure business objectives are met
Skills / Experience for the Pricing Analyst:
- High level of numeric competence and excellent data gathering and manipulation skills
- Practical application of in-depth statistical skills within typical business scenarios
- Strong analytical pragmatic reasoning skills
- An aptitude for innovative problem solving
- Excellent Excel skills and data manipulation
- Excellent communication skills with ability to simplify the complex
- Deadline orientated and pro-active
- Hardworking, curious, passionate, enthusiastic and a self-starter
The successful Pricing Analyst will be self-motivated, hard-working and have an extended interest in insurance and numerical analytics. This is a great opportunity to join a highly reputable insurer.
Key Requirements for the Pricing Analyst:
- Prior Pricing Analyst experience desirable
- Generalised Linear Modelling / Optimisation skills desirable
- Recent graduates with a relevant work placement may be considered. Relevant university placement essential
- Emblem / Radar skills desirable
For further information please contact Sam Oultram on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Apply for Pricing Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly