GI Pricing Actuary - London
Correlation Risk Partners Limited was established in 2004. Together with our partners, we build long term, sustainable insurance partnerships. We invest in distribution/administration businesses where we can add value. We seek to assist in the development of the business through advisory rather than operational management.
We are looking for an actuary to build pricing, reserving and capital models that are robust, easy to use and well documented. In this role, you will assist with stand-alone pricing/analytical functions including upskilling resources, mentoring, advising on required resources and building systems and processes to enable monitoring and best practice.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Using mathematical modelling techniques and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks;
- Develop recommendations to improve pricing performance and longer-term pricing capability, whilst maintaining underwriting discipline;
- Assist with SII calculation and documentation, Reserving, Budgeting, Capital allocation and optimising ROC , Ad-hoc acquisition support and Ad-hoc Investment DD's;
- Involved with pricing and new product development;
- Identify and propose tool developments and contribute to subsequent initiation of new procedures;
- Provide regular reporting and analysis from the pricing tool data to assist management with the active steering of the portfolio, particularly monitoring of risk adjusted rate changes.
Experience and skills:
The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree and be qualified or part-qualified with relevant experience in Solvency II modelling and documentation. We also expect you to have good Emblem and rate assessor experience. You will also have Intermediate excel and SAS, and Basic SQL experience. You will have a proven track record to manage and advance various personal lines products. Optimiser experience would be advantageous.
Business minded, analytical thinker able to identify key features and extract value from vast amounts of data. An entrepreneurial individual, aware of latest developments in the analytical space and when to use these. Excellent understanding of the key concepts and metrics in direct to consumer personal lines product.
Please apply, including your CV and covering letter, within 28 days of the first placement of this advertisement.
Salary: £80-£90K per annum plus allowances and benefits, dependent on experience
Sector: General Insurance
Experience: Part Qualified (1-10 exams), Qualified
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time