Origination Analyst – Pensions Buyout
Our client is a leading independent buyout specialist with a significant and fast growing share of the UK bulk annuities market. They are looking to hire a nearly/newly qualified pensions actuary into the Business Development team; the 10 people responsible for originating, structuring and managing transactions
- Supporting Deal Principals in marketing and originating new bulk annuity opportunities
- Ad hoc technical modelling projects, provision of indicative and specifying outsourced quotes
- Collaborating with ALM, reserving and longevity specialists on assumption setting etc.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders to project managing complex deals through to completion
Desired Skills and Experience
- Likely to have 1 to 4 years’ experience in a pension consulting role
- Making progress through the actuarial exams
- Good knowledge of UK DB technicalities and strong excel modelling skill
- Ability and desire to work well with a wide range of clients including trustees, corporates and consultants
This represents a rare opportunity to take a different path and move into a client facing role in this growth industry. In the medium term you would be expected to develop into a Deal Principal or even take opportunities within other areas such investment or longevity.