We are seeking an experienced Actuary to join our commercially focused Actuarial team within the Finance department, supporting the MidCorp lines of business.
You'll support the actuarial input into the commercial lines portfolios taking responsibility for quarterly reserving, annual business planning and business partnering with underwriters, technical pricing and portfolio managers to manage the performance of these portfolios. The role will require working closely with the finance business partners and engaging with the technical pricing, portfolio management and distribution teams at all levels.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Supporting the Senior Commercial Actuary to manage and develop a team of student actuaries
* Contributing to the wider leadership of the Actuarial function
* Interaction with the technical pricing actuaries, portfolio managers and business finance managers
* Manage and development of student and qualified actuaries
* Production and communication of quarterly reserves
* Portfolio segmentation and business steerage
* Actuarial input into the annual business planning process
* Input into the insurance risk parameterisation process
The role can be based in either our London office or our Guildford office, regular travel between both offices will be required.
Skills & Experience:
* Fellow of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent) with General Insurance experience
* A strong academic record, with at least a 2:1 degree in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Statistics or Business
* General Insurance experience
* Familiarity with multivariate statistical techniques
* Working knowledge of other Microsoft products, such as Word/Powerpoint etc
* Knowledge of various reserving techniques and familiarity with ResQ
* Strong Excel skills
* Strong interpersonal, line management and relationship management skills. Ability to influence key stakeholders.