Actuarial Modelling Developer (Contract)
An exciting and highly varied opportunity has come about for a skilled IT and actuarial professional to join an international brand for an initial 6-month contract.
This role will involve a range of model building, testing, and validation tasks, while also interacting directly with internal stakeholders and enjoying a high level of autonomy.
Specifically, you will be improving the client’s internal reserving model, which will involve building a new reporting tool using SQL Database, implementing new technical provision functionality, moving a parameterisation database from Access to SQL and improving the efficiency of VBA and SQL calculations.
This is a great opportunity to combine your IT and actuarial knowledge to deliver a project which will directly impact the daily operations of the actuarial team.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Database and VBA
- Igloo experience is desirable, but not essential
- Insurance industry experience, ideally actuarial systems context
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
About the client:
An established provider of specialist insurance and reinsurance solutions on a world-wide basis.