Head of Enterprise Risk Management
Lead and own enterprise risk management process, and specifically the development and delivery of the ORSA process, across this Mutual business. The role is charged with delivering the risk management strategy for the company using leadership skills, networks of internal and external stakeholders and commercial acumen.
The role will oversee strategic and financial risks taking account of all relevant factors seeking ways to optimise risk management within this organisation as a competitive business advantage.
- Own, maintain and oversee compliance with risk appetite statements.
- Develop risk metrics and limits for financial and strategic risks and oversee positions against them.
- Provide 2nd line challenge and oversight to the Group’s strategic direction, performing strategic and financial risk assessments.
- Lead the delivery of the ORSA process, producing the ORSA report in line with ORSA policy and highlighting limitations and areas of uncertainty as necessary.
- Perform 2nd line validation of ORSA related quantifications and methodologies and assumptions; ensure 2nd line oversight of data quality.
- Lead on regular and ad-hoc stress and scenario testing ensuring broad business input to the consideration of scenarios.
- Lead identification and evaluation of emerging risks.
- Perform operational risk capital quantification.
- Work with Risk and Governance colleagues to produce risk and governance narratives for external reporting (SFCR, RSR, annual report).
- Provide support to the Insurance Programme to ensure appropriate and cost effective transfer of risk through insurance programme.
- Embed and embody this organisations essential leadership competencies, to drive the company forward and maximise people engagement.
- Be accountable, intellectually able, a role model for our Values, authentic in your leadership and deliver results.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive senior level experience across the whole spectrum of risk management with particular expertise in management of financial and actuarial risk;
- Ideally suited to a part qualified or fully qualified actuary
- Experience of operating at a strategic level in the Risk arena
- Detailed understanding of the requirements of Solvency II, in particular relating to Pillar 2 and validation of capital assessments.
- Ability to independently assess, advise, influence, and report in a consistent and fair manner at all levels.
- Experience of the financial services sector across a broad range of products and services, including insurance
Detailed understanding of the requirements of Risk Management including:
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment
- Stress and Scenario Testing