Head of Corporate Actuarial
This is a new role supporting the coordination and consolidation of results from each of the Division’s Business Units. This includes:
- Consolidating statutory reporting in respect of the business including analysis of results and preparation of reporting templates
- Establishing standard reporting processes and controls across the Division
Involvement in Group projects on behalf of the Division
To play a leading role in the co-ordination and consolidation of statutory reporting across the Division including; analysis/review of results, liaising with auditors and preparation of internal and external reporting materials.
- Suggest and support process improvements within the team, with a particular focus on regulatory reporting. To include system enhancements and changes/improvements to controls.
- Support the Divisional Head of Actuarial Reporting to establish consistent processes and controls across all Business Units for US GAAP, statutory and economic capital reporting.
- Managing the workflow and personal development of direct reports
- Ad hoc projects and information requests from Division Management and the
Group.Qualifications & Expertise:
- Industry Knowledge
- Demonstrable understanding of the life insurance (or reinsurance) industry
- Qualified Actuary
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Comfortable with software packages, such as Excel and Word
- Experience with Actuarial projection software
- Knowledge of Economic Capital, Solvency II and US GAAP
- Ability to communicate, particularly with actuarial teams in Business Units and across other functions
- Needs to be organised and deadline focused
- Ability to independently develop and implement new methodologies
Key Skills & Behaviours:
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Takes responsibility for the quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Critically evaluates and challenges current work practices.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately.
- Participates actively in meetings, has ‘meeting presence’.
- Is a committed team member who shares information, knowledge, and experience openly.
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
Apply for Head of Corporate Actuarial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly