Actuarial Hub Manager
A great opportunity has arisen within our Corporate Actuarial (CA) function here at Direct Line Group to work as an Actuarial Hub Manager. This is a permanent opportunity based from our head office in Bromley.
So what is an Actuarial Hub Manager?
Essentially you'll manage the delivery of work within the Corporate Actuarial Analyst Hub in line with business strategy and ensure the Corporate Actuarial needs are met, identify resource and skills within the Analyst Hub and work closely with Corporate Actuarial stakeholders and analysts to ultimately ensure unity of delivery in the most efficient way possible.
You will also act as a "subject matter" technical expert and deliver the day to day Reserving, Forecasting, Monitoring and associated Business decision making activities. You'll liaise across the Actuarial team & internal stakeholders setting and adhering to deadlines with due consideration of timelines required for work review and referral.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring of the end to end work stack(s) to meet the agreed Corporate Actuarial stakeholder requirements within the timescales/deadlines.
- Develop the Analyst Hub, ensuring resources are deployed effectively. Challenging to continuously improve and supporting their career advancement.
- Understand the wider departmental strategy, how tasks are linked and dependant, identifying where constraints lie in order to be able to effectively prioritise.
- Implement effective, fit for purpose processes across the Analyst Hub.
- Form strong relationships with Development Manager and Assurance & Planning Manager, linking the processes and plans for the Analyst Hub with the wider team strategy.
- Continuously engage with all CA stakeholders to build a good working relationship.
- Continuously develop in order to maximise your personal contribution to the team and identify opportunities to gain additional skills.
- Lead, plan, manage and deliver Reserving, Forecasting and Monitoring data and insightful analysis, as well as large/complex projects with potentially changing requirements/outcomes, in a timely and accurate manner, redirecting resource within the team as appropriate; ensure all competing priorities/deadlines are met. Produce reports and deliver presentations to a high standard for final sign off by Actuarial Director/Group Reserving Actuary; carry out 1st review of results.
- Ensure models researched and built for reserving or for other uses, use appropriate techniques and data and are effective, efficient, high quality, documented and verifiable. Ensure review and consideration of the outcome of the collective analysis & strategic implications; constantly identify, review, and amend the reserving models and data processes to enable tasks to be completed in a more efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure that your professional and industry knowledge is up to date at all times. Actively share your knowledge and experience to drive and advise on best practice within your team and across the business at all times to facilitate the professional and commercial development of team members.
- Be aware of and direct your team in complying on an ongoing basis with the requirements of relevant professional/legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks.
- Communicate to peers and team managers in a timely manner where you have discovered issues and suggest appropriate remedial actions.
- Champion departmental culture, processes and continually challenge and look for innovative and efficiency improvements.
Skills we are looking for
- General Insurance Experience.
- Excellent numerical reasoning and problem solving skills together with significant actuarial experience and commercial awareness.
- Capable of learning new skills quickly and without the need for formal training.
- Exhibit great communication skills and be able to demonstrate personal effectiveness.
- Nearly/fully qualified Actuary, alternatively extensive experience relevant to an Actuarial department.
- Proven experience in people management, mentoring and driving knowledge.