Financial Risk Consultant
Are you an experienced financial risk professional with advanced communication skills?
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of putting your financial risk expertise to the test in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers by joining our Group Risk function.
The Financial Risk team is one of four teams in the well-established Group Risk function here at Phoenix Group and is expanding to cover additional oversight responsibility due to the recent acquisition activity. Based in Wythall and reporting to the Senior Financial Risk Manager, you will have a group wide remit with oversight of all financial risk arising from the operations of Phoenix Life and the Corporate Office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advising, guiding and challenging the business on financial risk matters within the boundaries set by the Group’s risk management framework
- Producing reports based on reviews and monitoring of on-going adherence to financial risk framework components
- Advise where risk management approaches can be enhanced and propose management action where appropriate
- Supporting the Financial Risk Managers with risk reviews, risk reporting production and stress and scenario testing
- Supporting the Internal Model Oversight team in conducting independent validation of certain components of the Internal Model
- Ideally you be a qualified actuary or have a strong technical background gained within insurance or banking
- Good understanding of specialist financial risk related fields such as capital management and asset liability management
- Good understanding of enterprise risk management in the context of a life insurance business
- Detailed knowledge of Solvency II including calculation of balance sheet components
- Experience of drafting reports and delivering presentations
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to engage, influence and challenge a wide range of stakeholders
- Delivery focused and solutions orientated
To apply online simply visit:
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 17th January 2017.